All uniform items should be clearly named, and it is expected that all students will wear the appropriate school uniform.
* Trousers with pockets on the leg, large belts or buckles, with dropped waists or very flared, are not deemed suitable for school uniform. Skirts to be of a modest length.
Girls & Boys
- Parents are urged to see that children leave valuables at home. Watches and metal stud earrings only are acceptable but other jewellery must not be worn for school. Loss causes the owner and parents much distress and items of jewellery must be removed for games/PE lessons (including any such extra-curricular activity). School cannot be responsible for any loss of jewellery if items are not handed to the teacher leading the PE/Games lesson. It is advised that small items should be placed in a small box to avoid loss of the items.
- Students may not wear body or tongue piercings to school.
- It would be particularly helpful if parents who are considering having their children’s ears pierced should arrange for this to be done at the beginning of the holiday period. Training studs may not be removed for a lengthy period and this could mean that the child concerned would not be able to take part in a range of activities within the Physical Education curriculum.
- Students may not wear make-up, nail extensions or nail varnish to school.
SCHOOL UNIFORM SUPPLIERS
National Schoolwear Centre: 3-4 Bulls Head Yard, Alcester B49 5BX, Tel: 01789 400344 Website: http://alcesternsc.co.uk/
School Days, Britannica House, 13-15 Church Street, Bromsgrove B97 8DD, Tel: 01527 757439 – Website: http://www.schooldays-bromsgrove.co.uk/
Orchard Clothing, Unit 6 Hunt End Industrial Estate, Dunlop Road, Hunt End, Redditch B97 5XP – Tel: 0845 208 0471 [email protected]
Please Note: If you wish to have details of the criteria or application for a uniform grant, please contact the school office, in confidence. The school will be able to provide you with the appropriate guidance.
All of our students at Ridgeway are expected to have all of the following equipment in every lesson. It is an important part to ensure the smooth start to lessons and to maximise learning time.
Further specialist equipment may be provided for some lessons. Where the school provides equipment initially (a school planner & rough book for example), if lost there is a requirement to buy a new one.
- Black pen
- Sharp Pencil
- Ruler (30cm)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Reading Book
You may also want to bring:
- Coloured Pencils
- Scientific Calculator
- Glue Stick