At Ridgeway Secondary School there has been a huge investment this year to improve in all areas to offer the local community a school for all to be proud of and succeed at. Every member of staff has worked tirelessly to ensure an improvement in areas such as; teaching and learning, behaviour in and out of lessons and the personal development a young child goes through during their learning journey at Ridgeway. We have made huge strides in the last academic year in all areas, and we will continue to do so this year.
Strategies utilised in 2022-2023
- We have modified our attainment tracking systems this year to collect accurate data at key points throughout year and use these especially in Year 11 to make predictions for all students in all subjects.
- Detailed Mock analysis was carried out throughout the year to allow for proactive strategies to be put in place to avoid reactivity.
- The data analysis has highlighted areas where intervention has been put in place for students that are underperforming in certain areas.
- A personalised SLT mentoring programme has been rolled out to improve the attainment and progress of key individuals in the year group.
- A coaching model for groups of students was implemented to help guide students with similar needs leading up to and during the exam season to help with preparation and mental health of students.
- An extensive revision timetable during the school day was adopted prior to the exam season to give students the most effective revision sessions leading up to key examinations.
- Collapsed timetable was implemented during the exam season to allow for key revision directly before exams.
- Staff facilitated BREAKFAST and after school revision sessions for students that wished for extra contact time with subject specialists to improve attainment and progress.
- We have invested to recruit highly skilled intervention staff to work alongside our KS2 team to drive standards and raise attainment levels in SATs.
- Motivational and discipline coach was used before the exam season to help all Year 11 students.
- Increased number of parents evenings in the academic year for Year 11 students to discuss progress throughout the year.
- ‘How to revise’ sessions held for Year 11s throughout the academic year to promote effective ways of revision for all students.
- Summer recruitment for Core subjects – experienced staff members (Science, English and Maths) joining the team from September 2023.
GCSE Results 2023
Progress 8 score -0.58
Attainment 8 score 35.93
Attainment in English and Maths – percentage of pupils achieving grade 5 or above in GCSE
English and Maths:
- 4+ Eng 55.4%
- 4+ Maths 53.8%
- 5+ Eng 41.5%
- 5+ Maths 30.8%
- 7+ English: 15.4%, Maths: 10.8%
- 9-4% English and Maths: 46.2%
- 9-5% English and Maths: 27.7%
- 9-7% English and Maths: 7.7%
Percentage of pupils that enter the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) 23.1 %
Average point score for the English Baccalaureate (EBacc) 3.09