Remit and Responsibilities:
The powers and functions delegated by the Trustees can be found in the Academy Trust’s Scheme of Delegation and includes the following:
- To oversee the running of the academy in terms of learning, standards, safety and wellbeing.
- Ensure that the wellbeing of students is maintained through, for example:
- student attendance and monitoring systems, enabling access to education
- effective arrangements for Child Protection and Safeguarding
- meeting the statutory requirements relating to equality legislation
- Ensure a high quality curriculum.
- To ensure that the Academy is conducted in accordance with the objects of the Trust, the terms of any trust governing the use of the land which is used for the purposes of an Academy, any agreement entered into with the Secretary of State for the funding of the Academy or Academies and these Terms of Reference.
- To support effective financial systems and processes within the academy.
- To act as a critical friend to the Headteacher.
- To support the development and maintenance of a highly effective staff body.
- Ensure effective Monitoring and Evaluation of school provision.
- Ensure effective Health and Safety systems and processes within the academy.
Our Members of the trust are:
- Mrs J Higgitt
- Mrs J Craig
- Mrs C Stewart
- Mrs J Breakwell
- Mrs S Cunliffe
Our Governing Body consists of:
- Mrs C Torrington (Chair)
- Mrs N Hunter (Vice Chair)
- Mrs L Allen
- Miss K Farrelly
- Mrs S Lewison-Frisch
- Mr M Banwell MBE
- Mr D Allden
The governors meet three times every term and visit the school on a regular basis.
To contact the Chair of Governors, please write to:
Mrs C Torrington, Chair of Governors
c/o Clerk to the Governors
Ridgeway Secondary School
Or e-mail [email protected], for the attention of Mrs C Torrington, Chair of Governors.