The curriculum at Key Stage 2 develops student’s key skills and introduces them to a wide range of subjects and knowledge through the discover and explore curriculums.
English and maths skills are at the heart of the Key Stage 2 curriculum and are developed and refined through the subjects taught such as Geography and History. The wide breadth of subjects taught at Key Stage 2 gives students an engaging and enjoyable experience that prepares students for the transition to Key Stage 3.
- Specialist teachers in English, Maths, Science and Modern Foreign Languages.
- Students follow a wide-ranging subject curriculum that allows them to discover and explore knowledge and that prepares them for study at Key Stage 3.
- Literacy is a focus across all subjects and students follow a reading programme in tutor time.
- Students are taught in tutor groups for the majority of their subjects.
- Students’ spiritual development is delivered through RE, PSHCE.
- The extra-curricular programme enriches students learning, opening opportunities to experiences that broaden students’ horizons.
|Average scaled score (Re, Ma)||103.0||102.0||104.2|
|% Expected standard + Re, Wr, Ma||63%||47%||57%|
|% Expected standard + Reading||67%||61%||72%|
|% Expected standard + Writing||67%||57%||83%|
|% Expected standard + GPS||70%||60%||68%|
|% Expected standard Maths||67%||71%||71%|
*2020 data is from internal SATs assessments as external SATs examinations were cancelled.