Welcome to the Governors page for Ridgeway Secondary School.
We would like to introduce ourselves and provide clarity of our roles and responsibilities.
What is the responsibility of the Governors?
Governors work as a team. We are responsible for making sure the school provides good quality education for all students. Raising educational standards in our school is a key priority. This involves setting the strategic direction for the school; and taking corporate decisions in relation to the statutory functions of the Board of Governors.
The four core functions of the Governing board are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, and strategic direction.
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its students, and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
- Ensuring the voices of stakeholders are heard.
Our Members of the trust are:
- Mrs J Higgitt
- Mrs J Craig
- Mrs C Stewart
- Mrs J Breakwell
Our Governing Body consists of:
- Mrs C Torrington (Chair)
- Mrs N Hunter
- Mrs L Allen
- Mr M Bennett (Head Teacher)
- Mr L Ventura (Staff Governor)
- Miss J Powell (Staff Governor)
- Mr S Woodward
- Miss K Farrelly
- Mrs S Lewison-Frisch
- Mrs J Ashton
- Mrs J Kinnaird
- Mrs D Munford
The governors meet three times every term and visit the school on a regular basis.
To contact the Chair of Governors, please write to:
Mrs C Torrington, Chair of Governors
c/o Clerk to the Governors
Ridgeway Secondary School
Or e-mail email@example.com, for the attention of Mrs C Torrington, Chair of Governors
Please see the declaration of interest here: